The STEP Node interface and the STEP .NET interface are used to develop digital twin manufacturing solutions and other applications. Please refer to each of those packages for specifics on setup and environment.
The API has several categories of functions as shown below:
- APT - Make process data.
- Finder - Navigate STEP-NC projects.
- Tolerance - Make and navigate AP242 tolerances.
- Adaptive - React to process events
- Generate - Generate code for process events.
- GenerateState - Control variables for code generation.
- Feature - Make and navigate AP242 features.
- Process - Make tooling data.
- Machine State - Simulate machining results.
The STEP-NC DLL provides the .NET API for C# and VB applications. It is part of the STEP-NC Desktop package. This white paper [pdf] is a general overview of the libraries design and structure. The sample programs below will show you how to start: