The STEP Node interface and the STEP .NET interface are used to develop digital twin manufacturing solutions and other applications. Please refer to each of those packages for specifics on setup and environment.
The API has several categories of functions as shown below:
- APT - Make process data.
- Finder - Navigate STEP-NC projects.
- Tolerance - Make and navigate AP242 tolerances.
- Twin - Create digital twins during manufacturing.
- Adaptive - React to process events
- Generate - Generate code for process events.
- GenerateState - Control variables for code generation.
- Feature - Make and navigate AP242 features.
- Process - Make tooling data.
- Machine State - Simulate machining results.
- Administrative Settings
STEP .NET Interface
The STEP-NC DLL provides the .NET API for C# and VB applications. It is part of the STEP-NC Machine Desktop. This white paper [pdf] is a general overview of the libraries design and structure. The sample programs below will show you how to start:
- Sample: Make STEP-NC
- Sample: Read and Print STEP-NC Tool Moves
- Sample: Read and Print STEP-NC Workingsteps
- Visual Studio Templates
- Setup for .NET
- Setup for COM
- Setup for Viewing
STEP Node.js Interface
The STEP Node Native Addon provides high-level operations to create, manipulate, and simulate digital thread models. This is part of the Digital Thread Web Interface.
We have provided several examples showing how to use the STEPNode interface to build digital thread models from a variety of source material.