STEP Index Software
Try it yourself
Download the STEP Index client and server software and build websites with your own data. See our Quick Start Guide for details.
These tools use a custom, simple XML format.
Release: Alpha 7 (2013-05-17)
The authoring tools transform STEP files into XML data for use with the client in a browser. By clicking the download links below you agree to the Author Tools License Agreement. For more details about the export_product_asm tool, please see its manual page.
- 2013-05-17: Updated to faceter to be more robust.
- 2013-03-25: Major improvments to faceter. Added constructive geometry curves to the generated data.
- 2012-12-19: Updated authoring code to use multiple threads when processing the STEP data, improving performance.
- 2012-12-10: Updated client and authoring code to be more robust with difficult geometry.
- 2012-10-24: Added documentation of the XML format
- 2012-08-14: Client update: Added picking of the geometry. Moved the edit links functionality to the context menu.
- 2012-08-06: Alpha 3 release. Updated STEP part files to use product name instead of entity instance ID as the file name. Updated STEP-NC code to incrementally load.
- 2012-07-24: Several fixes to client user interface. Improved performance when loading files. Menu item are now selected, and the menu is dismissed, when the user clicks outside the menu. Added visual feedback for selected (outlined) items.
- 2012-07-10: Alpha 2 release. Updated authoring tools to currectly handle assemblies with mixed units. This fixes several problems with the IFV data.
- 2012-07-06: Alpha 1 release. Incremental loading, context menu, and other user interface improvments.
- 2012-04-25: First STEP assembly viewing capability.
Use the STEP Index software with STEP assemblies in any WebGL browser, such as Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Opera. Load and investigate large assemblies, view 3D geometry, and download component STEP files for use in other systems. Start exploring with the samples below!
This work is part of the DARPA-sponsored National Simulation Service project.