STEP-NC AP238 Technical Resources
This page provides technical articles for people who are contributing to the development of the STEP-NC standards. This information is to be used solely for purposes of standards development and review. Dave Loffredo is the AP238 editor and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org General questions or comments can be directed to email@example.com
These documents relate to work underway in the STEP-NC forum to prepare a second edition of AP238 with new capabilities. Documents from the development of the first edition, which was published in 2007, have been preserved here.
- How to read these STEP AP documents
- AP238 Technical Corrigendum (TC) [pdf, 500k] - Last updated 2009-03-10, this draft collects up fixes and small enhancements discovered during testing.
- AP238 Second Edition Overview [317k, pdf] - Last updated 2010-06-18, this presentation from the NIST 2010 STEP-NC Demonstration describes the fixes and enhancements in the second edition.
- AP238 Second Edition AIM EXPRESS [exp, 800k] - Last updated 2011-12-06, this collects up the TC1 additions and fixes, plus definitions required to support the AP242/AP203e2/AP214 presentation and GDT drawing information, new AP242 kinematics, and new AIM subtypes to support the closed-loop programming model.
- AP238 ARM EXPRESS [exp, 109k] - Last updated 2006-05-26, this is the original, first edition ARM, with the ISO14649 definitions, GD&T and other original contents, but without any of the proposed second edition enhancements. A web browsable version is also available.