Happy New Year!
With the arrival of 2017, we can take a moment to reflect on some
interesting developments in the past year:
- Many demonstrations of real-time digital twins during machining,
driven by our simulator, show a practical way to extend the digital
thread into existing machining environments.
- AP238 (STEP-NC) is being actively used in production!
- The third edition of STEP file format (Part 21) was published by
ISO, opening new possibilities for links between engineering models
just like links between web pages.
- Semantic tolerances from AP242 underwent much testing in 2016 and
are greatly improving manufacturing and inspection.
- The digital thread is moving into additive manufacturing, with new
setup models underway in AP242e2 and tests of additive process in