|STEP Tools, Inc.|
STEP Tools, Inc. ("STI") grants you ("Customer") a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use STEP-NC Machine executables, programming libraries, documentation, and installation packages ("Software") under the provisions of this agreement. All rights not specifically granted in this agreement are reserved by STI.
1. DESIGNATED COMPUTER SYSTEM - Customer's employees and agents shall install and use the Software only on a computer system owned by Customer. Copies of the Software may be made for archive and backup purposes only. All titles, trademarks and copyrights shall be reproduced in such copies.
2. NO THIRD PARTY USE - Customer shall limit access to the Software to its employees and agents, and shall take appropriate action by instruction, agreement or otherwise to ensure its employees and agents shall hold the Software in confidence, not reproduce, provide, or otherwise make available the Software to other persons or entities.
3. CUSTOMER RESPONSIBILITY - Customer takes full responsibility for checking any machine tool control codes produced by the software. Customer shall remain solely responsible for, and will hold STI harmless from, all claims, liability and damages arising from any use of said codes.
4. NO REDISTRIBUTION -- Customer shall not redistribute the Software, works derived from the Software, or works which make use of the Software.
5. NO REVERSE ENGINEERING -- Customer may not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software, nor attempt in any other manner to obtain the source code.
6. TITLE - Title, ownership rights, and intellectual property rights in the Software shall remain in STI and/or its suppliers. The Software is protected by the copyright laws and treaties. This agreement does not confer any right or license under any patent or trademark.
7. TERMINATION - STI may terminate this license if Customer fails to comply with the limitations described herein. On termination, you must destroy all copies of the Software and Documentation.
8. GENERAL PROVISIONS - This license shall be governed by and construed under the laws of the State of New York and any action hereunder shall be brought only in New York. Use, duplication or disclosure by the U.S. Government of the software and documentation shall be subject to the restricted rights under FAR 52.227-19 applicable to commercial computer software. Software shall not be exported outside of the United States of America without written permission from STI. If any provision of this agreement is found void, invalid or unenforceable, it will not affect the validity or enforceability of the balance of this agreement.
9. NO WARRANTY - SOFTWARE AND DOCUMENTATION ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT ANY WRITTEN OR IMPLIED WARRANTY. IN NO EVENT SHALL STI BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES INCLUDING LOSS OF PROFITS, REVENUE, DATA, OR USE INCURRED BY CUSTOMER OR ANY THIRD PARTY, WHETHER IN ACTION, CONTRACT, OR TORT EVEN IF STI HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.