The STEP Python interface brings STEP-NC APIs into the Python environment for high-level operations on STEP assemblies and STEP-NC process descriptions. It also opens up the STEP data classes, previously only available in C++, for detailed work in areas not covered by the high-level operations.
The STEP Python interface is available on
the Python Package Index
(PyPI) for simple install with
pip. Currently, the
package allows anyone to read models but requires a license key from
STEP Tools in order to write models. You can
find STEP-NC sample data
NOTE: We are actively editing this documentation — Refresh the page often!
Sample Programs and Examples
- Create G-codes from STEP-NC
- Summarize STEP-NC Process
- Make JSON from STEP-NC
- Make Fishhead 5-Axis Process
- Make Additive Process Plan
- About STEP Objects
High-Level STEP APIs
- APT — Make process data.
- Finder — Navigate STEP process and assemblies.
- Feature — Make manufacturing features.
- Tolerance — Make and navigate STEP tolerances.
- Generate — Generate machine codes from STEP-NC process.
- Adaptive — STEP-NC process cursor.