Create PDM Attributes
The PDM ATTS sample program reads an existing data file, finds the first product in it and adds some sample PDM attributes like a release date, owner, and an approval. This is an excellent starting point for programs that add non-geometric information to STEP files.
The program does the following:
- Reads a STEP file and finds the first product. The file is a
simple piece part so it only has one. If you would like to extend it
to work with assemblies, the WALK_ASSEMBLY
sample shows how to find your way around a STEP assembly tree.
- Create data for a sample person ("Tom Jones"), an organization ("Robot Fish, Inc.") and todays date.
- Assign Tom Jones as the product owner
- Assign an approval for the product version, with today as
the sign-off date, and approved by Tom Jones.
- Assign today as the release date for the product version.
This program adds the attributes and saves the result as a STEP Part 21 file called "output_file.stp". This is a text file, so you can look at it with a text editor or the STEP Part 21 file browser to see how the information is represented.