This describes an older ST-Developer release (2014). You can find the details for the latest release here
Service Pack 1 Overview — 2014-11-19
This release is the latest service pack with cumulative patches for ST-Developer v16 and new features to simplify work with CAD, CAM, and BIM data. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest updates.
This release includes the following updates and new packages:
- STEP Faceter Library
- Can now save meshes as AP242 tesselated models for use in downstream simulation or other systems. The AP242 models preserve faces and can have colors. There are also new functions for saving arbitrary sets of facets, such as portions of faces, for debugging or other purposes.
- Added face properties for attaching additional information to faces.
- New API functions for getting the area of surfaces and for 2D Delaunay mesh generation.
- Expanded handling of trimmed periodic surfaces, particularly where wrap-around occurrs inside the trimmed area, such as a torus trimmed by complete circles.
- Continuous improvements in speed, topology handling, and small or degenerate faces. Better topology validation and more predictable NURBS curve parameterization.
- STEP CAD APs Library
- AP242, AP214, and AP203 in a single application!
- Updated to use the latest AP242 schema (stepmod v1.36). This fine-tunes some rules and adds seven new CSG definitions.
- STEP Manufacturing APs Library
- STEP-NC, AP242, AP214, and AP203 in a single application!
- Updated to use the latest AP242 schema (stepmod v1.36). As above, fine-tuning of rules and new CSG definitions.
- ROSE Library
- The Part21 edition 3 test implementation has many fixes found during vendor interoperability testing of the new anchors and URL references. As part of this testing, we sponsored the development of open source programs to split and merge P21 files using the P21e3 spec.
- Fixed issues uncovered by reading STEP files that were intentionally corrupted by Microsoft "fuzz" testing tools.
- The rose_put_nested_object() and rose_create_select() functions now work properly with very deeply nested select types.
- STIX AP Helper Library
- New helper functions for querying geometric uncertainties attached to STEP solid models.
Service Pack History
The changes described above are cumulative to date. This is the first service pack.
The sub-package versions used in the current release are as follows:
package SP1 roselib v16.1 stix v16.1 stixmesh v16.9 stpcad v16.1 stpman v16.1