Changes in release 19.1 (2022-02-01)
- Version 19 Service Pack One release.
Changes in release 19.0 (2021-07-19)
Changes in release 18.1 (2019-10-28)
- Version 18 Service Pack One release.
Changes in release 18.0 (2018-10-01)
Changes in release 17.1 (2017-12-29)
- Update for stixlib, roselib, and stp_aim changes in SP1.
Changes in release 17.0 (2017-04-07)
- Update for ST-Developer release.
Changes in release 16.11 (2016-06-01)
- Update for ST-Developer v16 SP4
Changes in release 16.10 (2015-09-23)
- Added rpt/andor to list complex instances in the file. This is not
advertized on the main page yet.
- First public release in Service Pack 3.
Changes in release 16.9 (2015-07-13)
- Added -allow flag to permit connections from other IPs or subnets.
- Added graph visualization when browsing instances.
Changes in release 16.8 (2015-05-10)
- Associates a "Check STEP File" action when right-clicking a file
in the Windows explorer.
- Allows multiple instances when run in server mode. Finds an
available port if the default port is already in use.
- Fixed Chrome and IE onload positioning using a small timeout to
process our position after the browser hash move.
- Added jump to line number and list all types links to the header
when browsing files. Also made the header show up for single page
files since it now has more useful things than just page jumps.
- The object detail page now handles select types that contain
primitive values (reals, integers, strings, etc)
- Made links in Windows GUI clickable.
Changes in release 16.7 (2014-06-11)
- Added Top / End links on the file browser for convenience.
- The /browse/line/* URI goes to a given line number in the file, for
future use in error message parsing.
- Changed the way the server handles page, id, and line redirects. It
now issues a 307 temporary redirect rather than a 301 permanent one.
It turns out that browsers will not hit the server again if it knows
about a permanent, which causes problems when the file changes and
things move around.
- Detail pane now lists the C++ class for a particular instance.
- Windows GUI now grays the option pane when running, sets focus back
to the start button when finished. The upper panel now enforces a
minimum vertical size.
- Attempted to make Chrome position #id down on page on load, but it
steadfastly insists on doing its own anchor reposition afterwards.
It works correctly when navigating within the page by #hash though.
Changes in release 16.6 (2014-06-10)
- Added "bold" option to match the styles used by the original STEP
File browser tool.
- Added a minimum size for the upper pane in the Windows GUI tool.
Changes in release 16.5 (2014-06-09)
- Adjusted forms in GUI to hopefully avoid occasional layout oddness
on resize. Now forcing the contents of the top level splitter pane
into a table which will hopefully have consistent resize behavior.
- Now escaping HTML-relevant characters properly, which corrects
disappearing anchors and refs in P21e3 files.
Changes in release 16.4 (2014-06-08)
- Shifted to a usage model of either batch reports or an interactive
web server running on a local port and a rest-like interface.
- The /browse URL on the server is for browsing the P21 file. Large
files are paged as "/browse/page/123" and have been tested with big
(250MB) files sizes. By default we put 5000 objects per page.
- When browsing files, we try to make hrefs as local #n123 hash links
where possible, but we can use "/browse/id/123" URIs, which generate
a 301 redirect to the correct page and hash.
- The /browse/type/* URI gives all instances of a particular type, as
well as subtypes.
- The /id/1234 URI describes instance #1234 and shows it at a more
detailed level with custom description where appropriate (units,
contexts, measures, etc.) The declaration in the P21 file is
hot-linked to this so that you can go back and forth between file
and detailed view.
- The /rpt/* URIs run available reports. They are also listed on the
- The /chk/* URIs run available validation checks. At the moment,
only syntax checking from the file read is implemented. The results
of each check is also listed next to each one on the home page and
color coded for warnings and errors.
- The Windows GUI has been simplified to just have interactive and
batch modes with the intent that most people would just use batch.
Right now the GUI just runs the server on a fixed port, but if you
want multiple, you can use the -port flag on the command line.
Changes in release 16.3 (2014-05-08)
- Now can view STEP file instance data directly in the web browser, so
you can examine the entities and follow the references between them.
Turn this on by viewing the output as "Web Page + Data View" or use
the -browse command line flag.
- Assembly and Face reports updated to hyperlink into the P21 file.
Changes in release 16.2 (2014-04-25)
- Added report to dump all faces in the model for debugging.
Changes in release 16.1 (2014-04-24)
- Added assembly structure report.
- Added spline complexity report.
- Refined Windows GUI, added dialog for output formatting options.
Now saves settings when the window closes, not just when running a
Changes in release 16.0 (2014-04-24)
- Initial release. Basic reporting about instance counts and header
section information. Text and Web Page output. Command line tool
and GUI wrapper on Windows.
Copyright © 2023 STEP Tools Inc. All Rights Reserved