IFC 4 Library Change History
Changes in release 18.0 (2018-10-01)
- Version 18 release.
- The C++ class for IfcTriangulatedFaceSet now has both the current
PnIndex (list of ints) field and the older NormalIndex field (list
of list of ints). Only the PhIndex field will be written. When
reading, the NormalIndex field will be set if the file uses a list
of list of integers, otherwise the PhIndex field will be set.
- Added the following #defines for testing with the preprocessor.
Changes in release 17.3 (2018-05-18)
- Update schema to IFC4x1 final version, which adds the following new
entities for infrastructure alignment.
- Added IfcElectricalElement to support older 2x3 files.
Changes in release 17.2 (2018-04-12)
- Add back IfcElectricDistributionPoint entity and supporting enum,
which was the only flow controller subtype in IFC2x3 before being
replaced by many subtypes in IFC4.
Changes in release 17.1 (2017-12-29)
- IFC schema update to Addendum 2 TC1, which corrects some EXPRESS
rules and adds IfcSurfaceCurve to the IfcCurveOnSurface select type.
- Update for roselib ABI changes, and retirement of custom all-atts
ctors. Use the default ctor and individual attribute set functions
to populate objects.
Changes in release 17.0 (2017-04-07)
- Updated schema for IFC4 Addendum 2
Changes in release 16.7 (2016-07-19)
- Updated schema for IFC4 Addendum 2
Changes in release 16.6 (2016-06-01)
- Update for ST-Developer v16 SP4
Changes in release 16.5 (2016-04-18)
- IfcSurfaceStyleShading gained an optional attribute moved from a
subtyle in ifc4_add1. Supressing warnings about the extra attribute
when reading or writing IFC 2x3 data.
Changes in release 16.4 (2015-09-21)
- Update for ST-Developer v16 SP3
Changes in release 16.3 (2015-07-24)
- Update the IFC schema to Addendum 1. Most changes are minor
clarifications such as descriptive WHERE names or changing a
primitive value to an IFC typedef, such as REAL -> IfcReal.
The IfcCartesianPointList2D and IfcIndexedPolyCurve entities are
new, and to pull in some supporting TYPES and FUNCTIONS.
Changes in release 16.2 (2015-04-29)
- Rebuild for ST-Developer Service Pack #2
Changes in release 16.1 (2015-04-01)
- Corrected case-sensitive comparison issue that caused schema
initialization issues on Linux, AIX, Solaris, and HPUX.
- Add aliases for reading old types that were removed in IFC4. These
are simple subtypes with no extra fields, so just handle them as
instances of the supertype.
- IfcBezierCurve => IfcBsplineCurve
- IfcRationalBezierCurve => IfcBsplineCurve
- Ifc2DCompositeCurve => IfcCompositeCurve
- Added automatic migration support for types that have extra
attributes in IFC4 but no other significant structural changes. The
extra fields are present when writing IFC4 but not used when writing
the file as IFC2x3 or IFC2x2. There are no longer warnings about
missing fields when reading these types in IFC2x3 data.
Changes in release 16.0 (2014-03-26)
Changes in release 15.6 (2014-01-30)
- Updated builtin schema initialization to work with multiple copies.
- Rebuild for ROSE library updates in Beta 6
Changes in release 15.5 (2013-09-09)
- Rebuild for ROSE library updates in Beta 5
Changes in release 15.4 (2013-05-20)
- Rebuild for ROSE library updates in Beta 4
Changes in release 15.3 (2013-04-11)
- Updated to the final production release of the IFC4 schema.
- Changed name of library and package to ifcbim, following the naming
style used with the stpcad and stpman libraries.
Changes in release 15.2 (2012-10-17)
- Added DLL versions of the library to the release.
- Updated documentation with ported sample programs from ifc2x3. The
IFC4 schema adds some new intermediate select types in some fields
and many entities have new attributes at the end.
Changes in release 15.1 (2012-10-16)
Changes in release 15.0 (2012-10-16)
- Initial version, built from IFC4 RC4 for use with ST-Developer 15
- Added additional ifclib_* functions to handle file reading from
other versions of the IFC schema. This will be needed for working
with the many IFC 2x3 implementations.
Copyright © 2018 STEP Tools Inc. All Rights Reserved